Rainy and quiet, so far anyhow...




Thursday, cool and rainy-- but not as chilly as yesterday! Mother Nature is teasing us a bit. It was 46 when I got up- fully 20 degrees warmer than yesterday. Weird. And welcome.

I made another pie yesterday-- the bags of apples are down to half a bag. I still have the pears to work through, though, but that's looking manageable. And the garden got frosted yesterday, so likely all I have to do is mourn the loss of the squash (though I have not checked...) and pull up the meager half-row of carrots. That can wait until tomorrow, or sometime this weekend. It's wet out. 

School goes apace. We are working through Julius Caesar, working on rhetorical devices, and nothing much new coming up until next Wednesday when the kids 9-11 have PSAT stuff, and I'll be hanging out with a handful of seniors, working on college app stuff. It'll also be Holly's fifth birthday-- so that will be a grand thing!

We still don't have definite plans for her big day-- unfortunately, most of her paternal side of extended family cannot come. So, she's got us, for the most part. Meg is trying to nail down plans, but Holly's mind is not yet made up. O boy. I'm sure it'll all come together, and we'll have a great time with the newly-minted five year old. 

In the meantime, though, we have this glorious three day weekend. At least, I do. The rest of the crew must work on Monday. I think I'll figure out something fun for Holly and we'll go on an adventure. Maybe. I'll have to figure this out. If Windy Ridge is still open, maybe we'll go there. 

Anyhow, have a good day. I'm ignoring the news a bit. I just cannot believe that things are spiraling the way they are. Plague in Russia. Who had that on their bingo card? 

O, and the Yankees are out of the running for the postseason. Gee. 

Go White Sox?

Ciao for now, hugs all around!

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...