Okay, I am giving in to autumn...

Yesterday was a lot of fun at homecoming-- the girls won a nailbiter in the last seconds, the boys won handily, and Holly was awesome. The weather was perfect; warm sun, chill breeze-- and the trees are in their glory, all the gold and red and orange. Lovely. Idyllic? Probably not, but close enough.

Today, I have a pile of mini chores and a set of papers to grade. First, church, find breakfast somewhere (leaf peepers take over all the usual spots, sigh), and see what the day brings. Well, I know it'll bring football-- probably a heartbreaker of a game-- and I'm roasting a small turkey. I needed the freezer space, and it'll be nice to have leftovers for a few days. I made a pear and raspberry crumble pie last night after dinner-- it's an experiment, and let's hope it tastes good. Those pears are ours-- so many pears!!-- and I wanted to make something fallish. I mean, I've been overwhelmed by the apple harvest (there's still more to do), and apple pie and applesauce have been awesome, but the pears are lovely. 

I hope the weather is nice again, too. We've had a lot of rain. And I'm almost ready to give up on the poor tiny little butternut squashes-- but not quite yet. We had a near miss last night, frost-wise. We will cover them for a week or so more. Probably nothing will come of it, but I will try. And there's the herbs to cut and herbed butter to make. And carrots to pull up (not many, alas). 

I'm embracing the autumnal vibe now. I'm not a PSL person (heck no), but the crisp air and golden leaves are pretty inviting. Maybe cocoa will be in my future...

Hope you have a good day. Love to all. 

C




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...