It's Saturday, it's crisply fallish out, and I'm being very lazy. Soon enough, I'll have to get going, because there's homecoming stuff to get to, but not just yet. I'll finish my coffee first.
We had a lovely time at Weathervane Theatre again last night. Anything Goes was light, funny, and the music and dancing were spot-on. We're going to go to one more show in early December; they are doing a musical review for the holidays in the style of the old Bob Hope or Carol Burnett holiday specials-- the kind we grew up watching. I'll get tickets this morning. And Theatre UP is putting on Guys and Dolls in November-- more to look forward to. Escapism? Yup. No apologies coming from me.
We need to fill our lives with moments that give us a reprieve from the abject horrors and nightmare scenarios. If local live theatre can do that, great. Whatever we can do to shore ourselves up, right?
I'm also signed up for a writing workshop in mid-October with former Maine poet laureate Betsy Sholl. We have friends in common, so that will be fun. It's being hosted by the Poetry Society of VT, and it's incredibly inexpensive. I'm grateful to be able to attend as a non-member. It's being held in St. Johnsbury, so it's quite close, too. How great to be in an in-person class again!
I hope you have joyful things on your horizon, too. Hold each other close.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!