It's not about the game so much, but yeah...it is.

Well, then. Sunday turned out pretty good, which was just what I needed. Church was fine, G, Holly, and I got breakfast out, and I got some chores done before the football game. That said, what a game! 



There was not one person (myself included, alas) who thought the Patriots would win, especially since they were playing the Bills in their new stadium. A road game? Yeah. And no doubt, the bookmakers were astonished, as was the whole rest of the universe, or so it seemed. They won. The kid who caught the game-clinching TD one-handed it, and he's not even all that tall. He seriously went airborne, snagged the long ball, and came down with it. Meg and I were losing our noodles, to be sure-- it seems one of the life lessons I imparted to my daughter was a masterful command of salty language. O jeez. Thankfully, Holly was at home with Tim, so we could yell all we wanted to. Poor G-- at one point, he dryly remarked, "You know they can't hear you, right?" 

And yes, we know. But hey, it's not about the game (though of course it is), but more who you get to watch it with. One of the millions of reasons I enjoy Meg's company. She gets it. She gets me. 

And today, I get to go to work and smile broadly at half of my junior class who are all Bills fans. I'll be gracious. Sort of. It's all in good fun. But gee whiz, I get to be the one smiling today. 

When I get home, it's folding laundry and making more applesauce. G didn't get the pears picked yesterday, so those will have to wait a bit. I can get some of them, but I'm just not that tall. We'll see how it goes. I hate to see all the windfallen fruit-- yes, there's plenty more, but it feels wasteful. But I'm also running out of freezer space. What a conundrum. 

I hope your Monday is a good one. I slept poorly last night (I was cold-- need to add a blanket to the bed), so I hope today is a relatively routine one. Take good care, hold each other tight, and stay safe. 

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...