What comes after dystopian lit?

It's finally Friday, and it's been a really brain-draining week. I'll get used to the mental load, but this week, I've been particularly tired. My eyes are tired, too, which does not help a whole lot. That all said, hooray, we made it! And tonight, G and I have theatre tickets to see what is essentially a Sondheim review. I'm excited. 

And hey, the Red Sox pulled out a win. What with changes to the lineup and key players getting on the injured list, we're limping into September. And so it goes, most years. 



The national/international news is fraught with horrible things, each day getting more and more dystopian. Usually, we can turn to literature to see how people survive this sort of thing. If they do. I can't find too many inspiring stories, and that's troublesome, as well. I wonder what the literature of these times will look like? I mean, what comes after dystopian literature? There's apocalyptic, but sheesh, no one makes it out of that situation, at least as far as I can see. Maybe we'll swing through the muck and find ourselves in a new genre. 

Silence, probably.

At any rate, I hope it's not today.

Have a good one, friends. Stay safe. Hugs all around,

C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...