Movie recommendation and a sad note--
We went to see Coyote vs. Acme last night. I expected to laugh, but I didn't expect--and truly appreciated-- the more serious points that the movie made. Yes, there was the usual zany Looney Tunes stuff, but the why behind all of the physical damage to the cartoon characters is what underpins the film. The movie makes a stronger point about how the "little guy" (average citizen) is just training ground for large corporations, that the damages are part of the process, to secure safer/better things for those with more power and influence.
Wow. Social commentary. Go see it.
And on another, sadder note, the poet Wendell Berry has died. His poem "The Peace of Wild Things" has been an anchor poem for me for a good many years. A kind, gentle, environmentalist-farmer-poet who saw the world around us as a gift to be treasured, to be comforted by-- he will be missed immensely.
Have a good day, friends. I'm behind my time yet again. Ever have one of those days when everything you put on your body, from the underwear out, just does not work? Yeah, that was my problem today. I'm all dressed again, but sheesh.
Hugs all around,
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!