Do you remember book orders? yay, Scholastic!
After a wet and chilly day yesterday, it's kind of odd (and welcome) to wake up to 65 degrees-- it warmed up overnight. These are the days when you just are not sure what to wear to work.
Disappointing evening of Boston sports, eh? ugh. Still, the Sox are not dead yet, and the football season just started. Hope is a hard commodity to come by, but hey, what else do we have?
School is trundling along-- a lot of kids out sick, field trips galore over the next couple of weeks, and I am grateful I do my planbook in pencil. We'll manage. It's just a bit upending. Kind of daily.
And so it goes, eh?
Holly has a book order for us to fill out! I miss the days of coming home with the flimsy paper form from Scholastic. So what did I do? Went online to the site to order books, and let's just say, I shopped. The prices are crazy good, and there was a deal for an extra book for free if you spent 35.00. So, I did. I ordered a lot of level one readers. She's ready to read, and frankly, I'm not sure she'll get that push at her new school, at least not yet. And she says she's bored. Which, for Holly, often means she's not comfortable. Until she makes some friends, she'll likely be a little left-footed. But I'll help her with the reading at home. I get to pick her up today, so we'll see what kind of shenanigans we get into.
Other than that, all seems okay. I hope you have a lovely day and you get some hugs and love --real or long-distance-- from people you care about. Stay safe. It's messy out there.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!