Chatty bits-- nothing huge
Finally, a day when the sophomores were talking. Woo! And the juniors in APLit are doing well, too. Maybe we've found a rhythm?
And it's rainy. And it's still summerish. Tomatoes are still producing, I have to check on the late beans, I have to snip herbs, I have to hope that there's some squash in the tangle (though I dunno what's up...lots of blooms, not a lot of fruit, even though they are right next to the bees). No beets. A few carrots. A few cukes, though they went ball-shaped again. The garden is looking tired, and I have to admit, I understand it completely. So am I.
Still, there is a three-day weekend coming up, and the reset that I need will happen. I say will, not might. I want to bake some bread, I want to work on my book, and I need to sort out some clothes in my closet. Work clothes for warmish weather-- in other words, put away the super casual summer stuff, the stuff I didn't wear but might have, and bring to the front all the things I can wear to work. It's not time to swap things out for fall clothes, but I have to stop shuffling through stuff to find acceptable school wear. Minor project, at best.
G is going to drain the pool, hopefully starting today. It'll take a day or so, and since it's raining, it'll be a wet mess out there. We are not packing it away this time, though-- that slow and then not-so-slow leak is untenable. The metal will go to scrap, the rest has a home at the transfer station as well. It served us reliably for a few years, and that's about all anyone can ask. Thus, we'll have a huge bare spot in the lawn for a bit. It happens. It's ugly, but grass fills in. Then, we'll put up a new pool next summer...it's the cycle of things, right?
I actually have a small stack of first essays to read! My juniors turned them in the other day, and I am actually looking forward to reading them. I will start today, I think, if I have a few minutes. I usually grade papers on weekends, so I'm in no rush. Still, I'm curious what they have to say. That's a good feeling.
Other than that stuff, G is taking the dog to the vet--- she has a persistent itch/hot spot issue, and we would like to figure out why. I think it's an allergy, but to what? Chicken/eggs products are my guess. We took her off all chicken-based food, and it's better, but not great. Eggs are in the treats she's had, and G has been giving her a little egg every day-- he stopped two days ago, and I think she's itching less. But she needs some sort of med/ointment for her ears. Ugh. Lots of fun.
Okay, have a good day, friends. Stay safe.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!