Busy days and weird songs in my head-- "O no, not again..." Sing along, will ya?
Wednesday.
It's going to be a long, long day-- I will be staying at work til 3 (staff meeting), then home to race around and see if there's any practical anything I can get done. Patriots start the season tonight-- why a Wednesday? Who knows?-- at 8:20. I suspect I'll maybe manage the first half. Rude. It's a work night. Don't the programmers know that? Sigh.
OK, enough whining. That webinar last night was atrocious--promised a lot, delivered very little, and was a full hour infomercial about their training program. Damn. I will not be wasting any further time on that nonsense tonight or Thursday.
Holly's first day went well, other than her tripping over the thresh-hold into the school. Whups. She's fine, had a super experience, and today will go easier, I believe. It's awesome Meg was home to oversee day one and two. Tomorrow, Tim will have to solo shot the morning, and I'll pick her up. We'll get this routine down soon enough.
So, you might recall that I almost always have a song running in the deep background of my noggin. At night, when I wake up to pee, there's a song. There's a song in the morning. During the daytime, when I'm busy and talking with people, I don't notice it, but I suspect there's something there. Like now, I have one from years back playing-- yes, I had the cd on the stereo the other day, but that shouldn't trigger this running through my head. I wonder what it means: is my subconscious telling me something in a sort of metaphor? Often, it's a hymn. Or even a hymn in Latin. But not today. Today, it's a silly little song off the Little Willies album titled "Lou Reed."
We listened to this song a lot years ago when Meg was playing softball in Canada. Good times. I miss those days. I hope you like it.
Take care, be safe, and hold your loved ones close.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!