Work: manual or AI-- which one do you trust?



Tuesday: warm, humid, no bears. 

Holly and I baked all day yesterday, and it was a load of fun. And we have plenty of zucchini muffins, a banana bread, and two loaves of sourdough bread. I froze a lot of it, to be honest. I should be making/freezing a lot more stuff, too. Once school gets into full swing, I have limited time to do much. 

I am sitting here looking at the bright orange folder that holds the poems in some sort of order that should eventually become a manuscript. Enough time has lapsed so that I should be able to read through it carefully now. I suspect there will be more rearranging, there will be more revising and editing, and it'll probably sit for a week or two again. I might work on it tomorrow. Maybe even today. Who knows? My muse is on strike. 

And I have a nail appointment set for 10 am. And I have to check back with the tax lady to find out if the amended forms are done. And I got a late notice from the electric/water company-- the check I mailed weeks ago apparently did not get there. This is becoming an issue with our mail. I am not sure if it's our end or somewhere in the middle, but it's nuts. I had a car payment overdue a few months ago; they ended up getting the original check 6 weeks late. I pay that one over the phone now. We used to be able to trust the mail service, but now everything is slower, less reliable-- and that is all caused by a lack of "confidence" in the USPS by the administration. They want to privatize and digitize every part of our daily lives. It's disheartening. I have to call the office when they open and see if a/ the check got there after they sent this notice, and b/ I'll probably have to bring a new check down there today, and hope the original one doesn't show up as well (though if it does, it'll be put on my account, but still---). 

Bleah. Between the IRS losing ("losing") our W2s that were sent along with the forms and the check (they did NOT lose the check-- as if!), and now this blip with the electric/water bill-- I'm losing faith in a/ human ability to do a job that is not outsourced to a computer, and b/ I hate that computers have caused us more work. And will continue to do so. Check this story about a middle school agenda that teachers had to remove a map from in Kentucky; seriously? Trusting AI is a disaster. 

That all said, I'm plugging away manually as much as possible. Viva le crayon! 

Have a wonderful day, folks. Hold your loved ones close.

C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...