What to do with an August Monday...



Yesterday was a good day. Church was good, we ended up having breakfast at Starbucks (so many tourists in our usual spots), and G helped me out with two cleaning projects that I needed a bit of assistance with. The day was hot and sunny, and neither of us had outdoor chores to battle through. The reading at Iron Furnace went really well, and dinner there was simple and good. 

Sorry the Sox lost. Sigh. Maybe they'll kick it back into gear this next series. It's August, it's hot, and everyone --ballplayers and Memeres alike-- are tired. 

Today, we do not have swim lessons. Holly completed the whole summer and she learned a lot; the "test" is Wednesday, and the final "fun day" is Friday. But today, we have a day to just hang out. That may or may not be as easy as it seems, but I have a couple of fun things in mind. I've promised a picnic at the park and she can play on the swings, slides, and so on. And we have a birthday cake to bake. Meg is coming home tomorrow morning; she's been gone since last Wednesday at work. It's a lot, and I'm hoping Holly has a little bit of patience in the tank. If things go sideways, I can always open up the pool, if the weather behaves. Some stray rain/ t-storms are in the forecast, though. 

I really should be thinking about working on my plan book. But I'm not. I am, however, still thinking about the order of poems in my almost-manuscript. I probably won't have time to work on it today, but maybe tomorrow. I just have to read it like it's a book now, and see if the poems make any sort of narrative sense. I did look through my other two little books, and none of those poems jumped out at me as needing to be involved in this new one. So, that's one thing I won't have to do; I won't have to get the publisher's okay on using any of them. Not that they'd refuse, but it'd be one more task. 

I have no clue what is next or to whom I'll be sending this ms when it's ready to leave the nest. I have a couple of publishers in mind who have done work with other poets I admire (no, not Norton-- I'm not crazy-- but a few that focus on women's work, or at least work by minor poets). 

Anyhow, it's a cool and slightly overcast start to the day. It's Monday. It's August. And I still have just under two weeks left before I have to be all teachery and stuff. 

Have a lovely day. Keep the faith. Be safe.

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...