Things are good, but some things are not: how cryptic can I be?
Yesterday was pretty good, too. Sunny, not too sticky, and Holly did well at swimming lessons. We also spent 90 minutes in the pool in the afternoon. And picked tomatoes and green beans! Today will be some errands, some baking, and probably more pool time. Why not squeeze as much summer out of each day as we can?
Tomorrow is Meg's birthday, and she's working away until Monday. Holly and I have plans to make something for her as a gift. That'll be tomorrow's plan. And I will push grocery-getting to Saturday (time to get back on track), and I will work on my manuscript as much as possible.
Ah, the manuscript. I got a small inkling of what might be a much better organizational principle for the book, and I sorted out poems that didn't fit that narrative yesterday. I'm itching to get back to it again, but Holly has limited patience for me doing solo, quiet work. What is the controlling idea? Hint: I ordered an hourglass. Not only will it tie in with the arc of the collection, but it's a half-hour glass, and maybe I can help Holly learn some time conservation with a clear visual.
And hey, the moon getting hit with a Musk-rocket didn't cause the world to be disrupted (this time). I'm glad of that. I have stuff to accomplish before the celestial lights go out.
The drought in Europe is troubling, the wildfires across Canada and our own country are scary. And y'know what else is hugely scary? These predictive betting sites. They are allowing betting on wildfires. First, capitalizing on tragedy and loss is just plain evil. And second, who is to say that some evildoer won't start fires to create the betting situation? What are we? It's a hell-scape of human proportions.
Can I fix these things? Not directly. But they cause me real distress, regardless. If it's "woke" to care about others, the planet, and our mutual survival, so be it. I have to try to put blinders on as best as I can, to focus on things like creating a birthday gift with air-drying modeling compound or scooping bugs out of the pool. I need to zero in on the things I can impact directly. But still-- our only home in the universe is being assaulted, and the money-grubbing billionaires do not care, as long as they are selling us for top dollars. How incredibly sad that they don't see that their efforts will bring about their own destruction, in the end.
You can't take it with you. And I'd much rather they didn't take us along with them.
Have a good day, friends. Spread the love and kindness. Keep safe.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!