On learning how to wait well...
Thursday, and it's a cool and damp start to the day. It rained again last night, just enough. I should putter about in the garden boxes later on. So many "I shoulds" are starting to crowd my brain, but right now, I have not even had breakfast yet (it's 8:20!) and I honestly have no zip as of yet. No matter. Soon enough, I'll be on the go-go-go. But maybe not today.
I have minimal chores to accomplish, and only one errand to do. I don't mind. In fact, the only possibly pressing thing I have on my internal agenda is to buy more peaches. The good ones are in the market now! And I've been enjoying them so much-- I love good peaches. The hard, tasteless, rubbery ones are such a disappointment. To have just-right, super sweet, big ol' peaches is a temporary delight, and I don't mind gorging on them.
And our tomatoes are starting to really come in-- I want to avoid having to chop/freeze too many, so we are having tomatoes with many meals. Again, I don't mind. This go-round with green beans is almost spent, but I planted another set, and they look about to bloom. I actually packed a bag of them to freeze last night.
And the herbs are wacko. I should buy several more ice cube trays so I can commence making herbed butter for winter use. But again, not today. The apples are ripening, the pears are, too. No raspberries or blueberries this year (late frost got the blossoms), but we'll have some fruit to make apple and pear sauce to freeze. But not yet.
I don't mind this stasis: I can see what is to come (at least as far as garden stuff goes), but I'm okay just waiting. I am not a patient person, so this is good for me. I am, at this late stage, slowly learning how to wait. To be okay with the right now-ness.
It's a tough lesson, but one I definitely need to embrace.
Have a good day, friends. Be safe. We need all of you.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!