I succumbed to the school prep-- but it's still summer, rain and all

Monday, and it's raining. Quite warm, too, and soggy. I'm not sure what today holds; we are supposed to go to swim lessons, but I wonder if maybe Holly would rather just lounge around and then do a fun art project. I hope so, honestly. We'll see.



I don't have a huge to-do list, which is good, since I busted out a whole lot of stuff on Saturday. Yesterday was busy, too, so a day to kind of cruise would be super. I spent about 7 hours on Saturday building my Google Classrooms for the fall semester. They are not fully done, but what is left to do is minor. I won't add due dates until I get my plan book going. Supplemental materials will be added along the way. But the semester, for both classes, is laid out, topic by topic, week by week. Yes, I'll have to fill in some details about the assignments in some cases, but that's all in the syllabi. Honestly, I could just have them look at that, but you know kids. Sigh. If they aren't told, have it written on the board, have it online, and idk, sent by Owl, they don't know what we are doing. They have no innate sense of "o gee, maybe I should look at the materials..."-- yeah, it's frustrating, but it's also expected. Teenagers, right? LOL 

That all said, my eyes are still tired. 

Yesterday's guest reader was good; we had to shift the Sundays in the Barn with Bob series to Iron Furnace Brewing due to impending construction at the actual Frost Place. I don't know if it was the oppressive weather or the change in location, but our crowd was tiny. We had a good time, though. But I sure hope people find us next week. We had one nice man show up with a guitar, and since we had so much extra time, he played a full set for us. He was really good. I hope he comes back. 

So, today it would be nice to lounge around a bit, then do something fun/artsy with Holly. I have a kit stored away that makes rubber balls/ rubber figures. Maybe I'll pull that out. And maybe, just maybe, she'll decide we can just sit and read a little later on. 

Anyhow, enjoy the day. If it stops raining before 10:30, she'll probably still want to go to swimming lessons, so we'll see how it goes. At-your-service-Memere, that's me. 

Take care, hold onto your loved ones, and buckle up. Things are a little bumpy out there. 

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...