Government forms, and cool temps...cheery, eh?




I got up this morning a little groggy, but determined to confront the form that the IRS says I didn't fill out (which is true) that shows the math leading to the number that reflects something about HSA stuff. UGH. I am not at all comfortable with this. I paid for the use of the HR Block fill-and-print thingy, but I didn't spring for the Premium version-- and thus, I have this paperwork to do. And somehow they lost (!?) the copies of our W2 forms. What the actual hell. 

Instead, I ended up revising two new poems, one of which is the anchor poem for the manuscript I'm working on. Words, even when they are being resistant, are a hell of a lot more understandable than government forms. 

So yeah, that's how I'm starting my Saturday. Today is our 39th anniversary, too. My goal, other than surviving this stupid paperwork, is to head to the grocery store. Yes, there are a few other chores, but those are flexible enough that if I don't do them, there's always tomorrow. But that said, I hope to pick up something yummy for dinner, and maybe we'll watch a movie together. Pretty boring, I suppose, but hey, here we are. I tend to fall asleep watching TV and so does G. We are tired people. And he's working all day today, so he'll be predictably tired. And there are  no movies or plays going on tonight that we want to go see, so... we'll make do. 

And it's cold this morning. Forty nine degrees is no fun. I know summer is slipping away, but sheesh. Give me one more week, please. The forecast is for cool days until midweek, so once the weather warms, maybe we'll get another day or two in the pool. It's hard to let it go. I'm not ready to let it go. I don't want to let it go. 

I feel deeply why so many teachers retire after 30 years. I can't, so there's that. But the allure of being home, writing and reading and thinking and doing what needs doing on a pace that isn't frantic sure sounds good to me. But there's no conceivable way, so I'll suck it up. 

And so it goes, eh? Wish me luck on that stupid form. 

Hug your loved ones. Keep safe,

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...