Day 2A-- More to do... but there's Mary Oliver at the end of the day to look forward to!




Yesterday was a long day. I had one brief meeting, and then I worked on things on the computer, then arranged the classroom furniture (including unloading a bookcase, moving it out of the way, and transferring all the books to a different bookcase), and then I tackled my bulletin board project. Up and down the step ladder. I can honestly say, the day was filled with hot, dusty, and exhausting work. And I will not do it again like this. Sore? O yeah. I'm all hopped up on painkillers and Tiger Balm this morning.

And I'm super grateful we had the option of going in late today. We could either be there for 8, leave at 2:30, and come back for Open House at 5, or go in for 10am and stay until 6pm. I'm going option B. One, I'm sore and tired, and two, gasoline conservation. 

I don't have much left to do in my classroom, and my plan book is done (in pencil) for the first month. My computer(s) are messed up, though-- we've migrated to a new network, and one will not speak to it (no surprise there), and the other won't let me change my password or use my existing one-- I'm locked out of my primary work computer. Yay. Our IT fella will handle that mess today. So, I have a meeting at 10am, then ??? we'll see if I can do anything at all. Pretty much what I want to do requires my computer. No surprise there. 

I'll figure it out. 

That all said, dinner is all scheduled to be delivered from Jersey Mike's. 

One thing I do want to do is watch the Mary Oliver documentary on PBS titled Mary Oliver: Saved by the Beauty of the World. Unfortunately, it comes on at 9pm and won't end until just after 10:30-- this will not work, if I'm to be alert and friendly in the morning for students. So, I looked it up on imdb.com (my go-to for everything film/movie/tv related), and lo and behold, I can make a deal with the devil and rent it cheaply from Amazon Prime.  I think I'll reward myself with that when I get home, after dinner. 

I hope you all have a lovely day. I hope my computer glitches are easily managed. If not, I guess I'll be paid to read for part of today. 

Have a super day,

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...