Cleaning and veggies and o gee, I'm not quite ready...




I have a few hours to myself today before I am hanging with Holly while her parents hoe out her room and make it more accessible (and clean, neat, and organized). It's hard with small spaces. I recall well sending Meg to her grandparents for a weekend here and there, and then digging into the mess. It used to be a rule of thumb: one trash bag per hour. And I used to find a bunch of loose change-- one time, there was just over 12.00 in change. NO, I didn't keep it. LOL 

Holly's room is small and she has a billion stuffed animals. She is well-loved, to be sure, and has more toys than she can even play with. The same is true for her space here and I don't really feel like digging into the mess today but we might. We'll see. I'm hoping we can have a nice day, and if it warms up, she can get in the pool. The days are not as warm as they were; yes, the sun is warm, but the breeze is not as welcoming as it was in July. Autumn is starting to peek around the corner. 

G picked another pile of tomatoes yesterday; I should be figuring out what to do with them. We'll have some thick-sliced tomatoes with dinner (burgers and chicken drummies, steamed local corn, potato salad), but then...there's so many. My "squirrel instinct" is kicking in-- I think I should be freezing them. But then I forget to use them. They are not really good sauce tomatoes, either-- I think we'll eat what we can, and I'll dice up some of them to freeze. 

I have so many little food-related projects to do, too. Shred and freeze the squash that was given to us by a kind neighbor, start working on herbed butter, etc. But I have zero umph to do any of it right now. But I should soon-- the apples will be ready, and the pears, and then the frost will come. 

But not today. 

I'm dragging my metaphorical heels, aren't I?

Enjoy your day, friends. Love to all.

C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...