Busy days, but lots of good stuff... come to hear the last poetry event, too, if you can!

Yesterday's trip to Tilton was successful, and Holly was pretty good, considering she's four, gets bored watching adult women hem and haw about clothing, and in general, gets tired of not being the center of the shopping attention. That said, Meg got her quite a haul of nice, practical, and pretty cool clothes. And she won the backpack discussion: she got the clear plastic Hello Kitty one with the matching lunchbox. It won't last, I'm sure, but for now, she was pleased. She actually remembered them from when G and I took her with us to Old Navy weeks ago. For her, that was the whole purpose of the shopping trip. Who cares about clothes? Just wait... in a few years, I'm sure she'll be all about the clothes, and the battle will be over hemlines or some such stuff. 

I managed to get two super-soft, fine-wale corduroy shirts, which were a true find. I like to have an over-shirt for warmth and to balance an outfit-- and these are lovely. So that was good. And I found underwear at Jockey-- on sale, my size-- and the kind I like. Bonus! I know, rather mundane, but hey, I was pleased. 



We started our excursion after Holly's first soccer practice, and stopped at the Tilt'n Diner for lunch first-- good call, so no one was shopping hungry. It's such a fun place! I got a chicken club sandwich-- I was expecting sliced deli chicken, but nope, this was a perfectly grilled chicken cutlet on romaine with a nice slice of tomato and crispy, not salty bacon. And sweet potato fries. Woo! (I was not that hungry for dinner later on, lemme tell ya!) It was a decent day, and we made stopping at BJs to pick up our preorders the last stop, which worked out well. Poor Holly got covered in an avalanche of small boxes when we turned left to head home... yes, we stopped at the gas station to reorganize the load. It was funny though. We always have one silly thing or another happen, which is why I love going shopping with Meg. Yes, Holly got tired and a bit feisty, but she fell asleep on the way home, so that sorted things out. I, too, was quite tired; it was a long week, and a long day of shopping, but hey, success! 

After dinner (Frosty Bar, and I got a lobster roll), I plunked down in my recliner and watched the first few episodes of Sanditon. Well worth watching for all of the reasons. Good acting, it's an adaptation of Jane Austen's unfinished last novel, and yes, it's one of those period pieces with pretty ingenues and handsome men. I'll keep watching it tonight, likely.

And oh my! Today is the last Sunday in the Barn with Bob poetry reading, and we have a double-header: Kerrin McCadden, fresh off her walking the Camino trip to Spain, and Vermont Poet Laureate Bianca Stone. I've known and admired Kerrin for ages, and I am so happy she can be with us, and I've never met Bianca, so writing the introductions today will be an interesting task. If you are local, come to Iron Furnace, bring a friend and something to share in the open mic, and we'll end the season in style!

Have a super day, friends! Hugs all around,

C

BTW, the photo is of a painting in the bathroom at the Tilt'n Diner. It's a riot... !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...