Bears. Well, one in particular.

Raining, but warm. I'll take it. I need a day to lounge, to bake, and just hang out. And in a few minutes, Holly will be here, and I hope she wants a lazy day. 

The day started at 5:30 when I opened the  blinds upstairs, looked out, and saw a HUGE bear. I mean, we know its been here for months, raiding trash and generally being a nuisance. But my goodness, I had not seen it live, and there it was. He (and we believe it's a he) is a wide-body bruin, to be sure. If G had the deck door curtain open, he would have had a front row seat while eating breakfast. We don't have trash out, and the feeders are pulled in at night (and will not be put out today). Meg's trash got hit last night and again this morning though. What a mess. Stupid bear. And before the lecture begins, there is absolutely nowhere else for her to put the trash -- no shed, no garage, no door on the breezeway (not that any of those things stop a determined and hungry bear). Ammonia and ratchet straps have been no use, either. He's a big one.

Anyhow, here I am, about two hours later, and all I've gotten done is start the dishwasher. Rainy day vibes are good-- the preponderance of ragweed pollen has my asthma kicked up, and I didn't sleep as well as I'd like to have. I'm hopeful Holly is in the mood to just dwell.

O, I'll get the baking done. And likely clean the bathrooms. But I'm not rushing around at all. This is the last week of flexible time, we don't have swim lessons, and I can't do much outside while it rains. I'm totally okay with that. 

I hope you have a good day, too. Be safe, friends. Bears are not the only nuisance waiting around the corner. 

C



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...