Anniversary recap-- the food was good, the movie okay, and all's well enough
Sunday, cool temps this morning, but it promises to be lovely later. I sure hope so.
Yesterday, after I completely wasted well over an hour and lost my mind, I gave up on the tax forms and called the professionals. I got an appointment immediately, and the nice lady at HR Block is fixing my errors --and yes, they are mine-- and we will refile the documents. What an ordeal. It used to be pretty easy to fill in the 1040 and move on with your day, but not so much now. I will never do them myself again. I teach English, as I tell people, for a reason. The worst part is, the directions to fill out the form didn't agree with the form, and that gets me irate. So, I gave up on that. Sometimes you just have to.
The rest of the day was really good. Groceries went well, and I made a pretty dinner of a purchased shrimp ring, french rolls, and a caprese salad that was photo-worthy. Our tomatoes are coming in well, and it featured the bright yellow and deep red, coupled with locally-produced mozzarella and thinly sliced cucumber (ours, too), dressed with olive oil, balsamic, and a chiffonade (yes, I can use chef words) of fresh basil straight out of my herb bed. I was pretty pleased with it. We capped it off by sharing a few chocolate-orange Milano cookies, right out of the bag. (So fancy, eh?)
After dinner, we watched the Young Washington movie; it was okay. A lot of running battle scenes, which were fine, but not a lot about his relationships that helped build him. I mean, those were there, but I would have liked a little more of that. At any rate, we rented it online, watched it, and that was our "date" for our anniversary. And the Red Sox won, so that was good, too.
Simple life? Sure. I do not mind one bit.
I hope your day is a lovely one. If you are local, today's guest poet for Sundays in the Barn with Bob is NH Poet Laureate Jennifer Militello-- she's awesome. Maybe we'll see you at Iron Furnace!
Take care and be safe.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!