What it feels like to be me on a good day...

Yesterday was delightful. I spent hours talking and writing and just being me. Not me, wife. Not me, Memere. Not me, mom, teacher, taxpayer, customer. Just sitting talking with other like-minded people about writing, and doing some new work, and seeing how the things work. Then, when class was over, I invited Holly over for pool time. That was good, too-- the water was warm enough, and we spent 90 minutes in the pool. Far from being waterlogged, I felt rested, finally. I needed good words and a good soak. (I got a little sunburned, too, but that goes with the territory.)



Today is going to be a little more busy. I'll start with church (I am the lector, so I can't skip out), then home for a quick breakfast and back online for day two of my class. When class is done at 2pm, I'll be jetting over to Franconia for our Sundays in the Barn with Bob reading. The guest poet this week is my friend Sarah Audsley, so I'm excited about that. 

Then, I'll jet home after, because Holly will be dropped off around 5pm. She is spending the day with Auntie Bob (Meg's best friend from forever), going to Storyland with her kids. Meg, Tim, and G are headed to Boston to go to the Red Sox game (hope they win). Everyone gets to do things today that appeal to them, and that's wonderful. 

I'm sure we'll all be sleeping hard tonight. Tomorrow is another Monday, with all that Mondays bring. 

Have a great day, friends. Hugs and blessings. Keep safe. 

C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "productive struggle" and a week of hard teaching...April is the cruellest month...

Easter was nice--next up...