Sunday was lovely in a lot of ways-- what a nice weekend. We needed one.
Yesterday was quite busy, but in a slow, really good way. Okay, there's the paradox for the day. Church was good, and Fr. Rory's homily gave me a lot to think about. He upended how I (and I suspect, most of us) have been reading a certain passage in Matthew. Fair enough: I've got some mental homework to do. And the writing class this weekend was really good-- I'm not sure if I have poem drafts or flash fiction bits, or what I have, but it was fun to accept the prompt challenges, to see how syntax was and can be working in my writing, and to work on what is likely some hybrid of prose/poetry. Whether those pieces become something later, only time will tell, but there's some work on paper, and that's what I needed to do.
The reading at The Frost Place was lovely; Sarah Audsley was our guest poet, and the open mic was good, too. It's the last on-site reading of the season, because the construction is imminent. The series will continue at Iron Furnace Brewing, so at least we have a home. It think it'll be fun and different. And good parking. =)
Holly spent the day with Meg's best friend from childhood onward and her two littles. They didn't end up going to Storyland, but they did visit a farm and got to see the animals and walk in the woods and stuff like that. She had a good day, and after dinner and a good bath, she was asleep on the couch by 7:15. Dinner was iffy; I ordered from a pretty "fancy" place here in town, and it was not all that we'd hoped for. Still, it was dinner, and it was okay. I just won't order from there again.
G had a good time with lots of funny stories to tell from his trip to Fenway with Meg and Tim. The Red Sox won, the weather was super hot but gloriously summery, and they had a good day.
See? Sometimes things are good. I need to hold onto that thought as we move into the new week and the new month to come. The government is a dumpster fire that some people are throwing gasoline into. The wildfires are horrifying, as is our federal response to them. But yet, everyday life is just life-- it has its ups and downs, small victories and petty issues. It's really hard to keep blinders on, to allow yourself to enjoy anything, but that's letting the bastards win, as my dad would say.
Enjoy your new day. Hug people. Keep the faith. And be safe.
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!