Just a quick note from my mundane morning...
Taking my time getting going this morning. Yesterday was as it should be; sunny, warm, not humid, with lots of pool time and food. It almost felt celebratory.
That said, my heart still quakes with deep misgivings about the national crisis that is burgeoning forth. But since I've written about that a lot lately, I'll leave it alone for today. Suffice it to say, I will not let the evil that is proposed occur without opposition.
I'm not sure if today's weather will clear up or not; it's pretty overcast at the moment, but it's really warm again. So, we'll see what the day holds. I know there are house chores and grocery trips in my near future. We're bailing and having to figure out the damned dishwasher again (temperamental appliances make me annoyed). It appears to have gotten gunked up with food and grease; it always amazes me that we have to pre-wash dishes before we put them in. That said, G has cleaned it and we are running a deep clean cycle again. Pray it works.
I know I won't have to cook because there is a huge amount of leftovers, both meat and sides.
One thing I'm trying not to think too much about is that my poetry family --at least several members of it--are gathering in the new location in Maine, starting today. There were too many obstacles for me to go, and now even more. Not going was financially and physically prudent, but still...but still. I will miss them terribly. And given the metric ton of crap that has been and is going on, I will miss their warm support of me as a person the most. My heart, at least a bit of it, will be in the middle of Maine at an arts center this week.
That said, I have plenty to occupy my time, most of it mundane. And we got word that the yearly GCN modules (things like a review of professional standards, blood-borne pathogens, and the like) are "live" and ready for us to click and do. Hooray?
At least I have the pool, some good food, and a pile of books to read. And an essay percolating in my head about Beowulf, translations, and the gender of the translator.
Here we are, a day in the life of...
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!