I think I need to buy the current issue of Time magazine...
"I read the news today, oh boy..." --John Lennon
I don't like to rant on this little blog about politics too often; it's like hollering down a well, anyhow. But there are just some things that trouble me to the point where I am compelled to speak.
The idea of letting state governments have the legal option of tracking women's pregnancies and menstrual cycles? That is only one of many, many goals stated by Trump for his second term, if elected, that would gut and manipulate how our country operates, both at home and on the international stage. There is a full article in the current issue of Time magazine that brings, as they say, the receipts. Noted historian Heather Cox Richardson writes a cogent discussion about the implications, and she ties it nicely to our country's historical steps and mis-steps in her "Letter" today. Trump told the interviewer that he was "too nice" the first time around. I am afraid.
We can't afford this. We can't allow this. I am appalled. And queasy.
The idea of an "imperial presidency" scares the daylights out of me, and the fact that so many people, even those he's publicly castigated and vilified, want this horror show to go on is so gut-wrenching.
Rounding up and deporting over 11 million people? After putting them in detention camps? We are better than this. I think, anyhow.
I do not want to live in fear. History tells us that this is a very dangerous thing to ignore.
We must find our way forward without allowing this to happen.
C
Hi Carlene...I read the article. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And vote.
ReplyDeletehttps://substack.com/redirect/d7ba38af-c7ac-4b8e-b755-2f43239cf0ed?j=eyJ1IjoiMjA0dmtqIn0.JZTAHyplcIwePBp05Vmv3IvBbhstOAGzT7xdOLH_dGg