Super Moon #1, Toxic Sludge, and Unsettled Sleep
OK, I'm sick of waking up every single hour all night. There's only so much magic in a cup of coffee (or two).
They are not work-related dreams that keep me wakeful. They are, upon clear-eyed inspection, unfounded fears. Though last night's dream that involved a persistent stalker who was trying to get to me through threatening to kidnap Holly sucked entirely.
The world is a turbulent mess, our nation is in constant crisis mode (the third indictment of a former president? wildfires? daily mass shootings?), and so on. I'm just trying to get through each day without losing my mind or snapping at people without real cause. And failing, on occasion.
I think we know too much. Or not enough to put things squarely in order? I've tried removing myself from social media, limiting my consumption of the news cycle, and focusing on more positive things. There's just so damned much of it, it's like waves of toxic sludge lapping at my feet. We can only dance in the waves of despair so much before the undertow tugs us under.
The assertion that the schedule for all of these trials is going to interrupt a political campaign season is just plain ignorant and self-serving. For heaven's sake --and all of ours-- this nightmare must come to a close. Why people want to elect a criminal thug, I don't know. Why people would want someone who so brazenly disregards all levels of both common decency and the laws of the country he'd like to lead, I can't imagine. We need to figure out where the line in the sand is; when is behavior too egregious, too smutty?
It's troubling. Add to that the daily-life crises people are struggling with that have been caused by natural disasters (fire, flood, erosion)-- TFG's problems are of his own making, and he should have quietly retired and shut his flapping mouth.
Yes, I'm angry. Average folks are truly suffering, and he's whining about his campaign schedule being impinged by the multiple trials he needs to contend with. And his donors--those misguided/ selfish folks all over this country-- are seemingly okay with their donations being used to defend his actions, to the tune of millions and millions of dollars. Serious grifting, right there. The money is not going towards getting a clear, workable vision out there for the public--it's paying slimy lawyers to say slimy things that are not founded in anything that is remotely related to reality.
What a scam.
The American public seems to love being taken advantage of, then playing the blame game. It's like being stuck perpetually in grade school. O, you got caught? Must be Suzy's fault. Stop wiping your political boogers on the quiet, studious kids, please.
OK, end rant. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight. Come to think of it, the bad guy in my dream that threatened me through kidnapping my beloved grand-daughter? Seems pretty clear who wants to mess up our lives and her future, doesn't it?
Try to keep calm,
C
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!